The Club Development Committee is responsible for membership development, training and mentoring new members and available to help with approaching potential members.
Specifically The membership Committee has the following objectives:
- Ensure that over the year the Club enjoys a net increase of five.
- Encourage all Members to actively seek new entrants to the Club
- Ask members to target Professionals/Tradespeople who provide services to them and their businesses
- Seek to reduce the average age of "Active" Club members
- Seek to increase the spread of gender and ethnic representation
- Re-introduce the "Fireside Meetings" for new members
- Formalise the "Mentoring" arrangements for new members
- Provide multi-media material to advance membership growth
- Hold 4 specific events during the year to attract prospective members
- Arrange at least 2 Club Assemblies at which Directors will keep members informed on strategic progress and encourage Chairs to regularly report on their activities at Club meetings
- Include Rotary educational presentations in the Meetings programme, covering such topics as Foundation and Membership etc.
- Ensure that the President Elect attends PETS and all incoming Officers attend District Assembly (LETS)
- Ensure that all Directors train their successors, all of whom are soon to be identified
- Encourage all members to attend any relevant training offered by District
- Encourage members to visit other Clubs to experience different practices
- Circulate the Strategic and Business Plans and minutes of Board Meetings to all members
- Encourage members to take up District roles and responsibilities